In December of last year, as I was counting the days for the calendar to turn, it occurred to me…this year I’ll be 40.
I don’t feel 40.
Though arguably, I have no idea what 40 is supposed to feel like.
I guess it’s more than some part of me thinks that 40 sounds old, and I don’t feel old. Nor do I ever want to.
So phenomenal at 40 was born. Yes, I know it’s cliche. I just really like alliteration, so it stuck.
It started with a 6-week sprint (there’s the alliteration again) and then became a series of 6-week sprints that spanned much of the year.
***side note – I have been a sprinter in every sense since I was 4 years old and started playing soccer. Even now, decades later, I manage my life by sprinting and recovering. I eat this way. I move this way. I live this way.
So this has been a year of 6-week sprints and I’m down to the last one. Yep – my Birthday is less than 6 weeks away.
Want to join me for my September Sprint?
Here’s what’s on tap each week:
1) 6 days of movement – two HIIT (that’s high intensity interval training… my fave is Orange Theory Fitness) days, two yoga days, 2 long slow burns
2) Two 36 yr fasts (black coffee with a tiny bit of clarified butter permitted by my standard. You can set your own.)
3) Daily AM and PM skin care
4) Daily supplement regimen (even though I’m an ND, I must recommit to this one regularly or it just doesn’t happen. I even use the alarm on my activity tracker so I don’t forget.)
5) Two servings of either bone broth or collagen on non-fasting days. This is my latest obsession, and I’m so in love with it.
Just so we’re on the same page here….
I would love for you to sprint with me. You can make up your own sprint if you want to, or you can do parts of or all of mine. I’m well aware that it wasn’t designed for a beginner on this healing journey, but that’s no reason not to play with me! Come along. You could have fun… far more than you’d expect. But more importantly, you might find out that you’re capable or more than you think.
I’ll be posting on Instagram every few days with some sort of check in for the whole month of September. If you want to track my progress, look for #SeptemberSprint by @dawndalilind